Saturday, November 25, 2006

Gimme Fiction

I’ve been rather indecisive of late…well, more so than usual lately. This especially applies to my future. When I'm not making the world a better place by exhibiting smarmy/snarky qualities, I find my mind wondering to the issue of what to do with my post-graduate life. There's the first tantalizing option that I discussed with steph- getting stoned out of my mind and living in my parents screen porch/backyard in a hammock, only moving every now and then to watch another movie or to call one of my hardworking friends with one of my stoner-tastic ideas. I think I also threw in the possibility of blaring Bob Marley out of a stereo while “paddling” my canoe in the front yard, much to the delight of the neighbors.

The next option is the safe one. Get a job. But oh, that’s kind of hard, so let’s move on to the next.

There’s the amazing internship in Chicago where I would work for This American Life and receive a rather comfy stipend of money each month. That one is more exciting than the above, but again, effort.

The other option that I've come up with is to become an au pair down in South America. Ken met a family with two children in Peru that are looking for an au pair that only speaks English. A six month commitment and all the children- er, beans and rice, I can eat! Perfect chance to study Spanish as the family expects the au pair to be studying simultaneously anyhow. So…I would be expertly handling chilun’s that don’t speak a word of my language and, while passing on my charming texas accent, learn to speak Spanish myself. Oooh. Sounds good to me.

Who knows. most likely I'll end up a bag lady on the drag, doing irish jigs for a nickel- or, doing kickin' rad flows in clubs under the name lethal lizzy d. wherever i end up, come and see me. otherwise i'll come mooch off of you. ;]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home